Hanoi-Amsterdam highschool - First Semester 2004-2005
Hanoi-Amsterdam highschool - Semester 1 2004-2005
The school was awarded for Educational Highly Achievement in 2003-2004
There are 29 teachers achieving Excellence teaching standard in this academic year
Numbers of absent teachers have decreased. Inspectors from the Education Board have been checking all faculties’ profiles for the first semester. Overall, regulation has been implemented well.
• Finish selecting students for groups of excellent students in 12th grades. These students have been being trained well. The result of the selecting exams are: Literature: 5/10, Russian: 10/10, English: 9/10, French: 8/10, History: 3/10, Geography: 5/10, Mathematics: 9/10, Computer Science: 8/10, Physics: 10/10, Chemistry: 7/10, Biology: 10/10
• In the competition for Excellent Teacher Award, English teacher Oanh won first prize, Chemistry teacher Bich Ha took third prize, Hanoi History teacher Phuong Dung also won third prize
• Academic distribution: Good: 63.8% Decent: 33.6% Bad:2.6%
• Conduct distribution: Good 93.8% Decent: 6% Bad: 0.2%
3.Conduct enhancement propaganda
• Good manner being kept among classes. After school activities for grade 6th and 7th students has been well-organized
• Organise the celebrating event of 60th year anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnamese military
i. Students at grade 6th and 7th will participate in painting competition with topic on the Ho militiamen
ii. Besides games and completions, the school also organize two discussions about the tradition of militiamen
• Many students has achieved high standard in other activities such as
i.School English team made an dazzling stand at the Asian Exploration competition in Brunei by taking 3 gold prizes for individuals and for the whole team
ii.School Literature team won 3rd prize in a national competition about Ho Chi Minh’s philosophy
iii. Chemistry students made a great contribution of VND4.5 million to children affected by the agent orange
iv.Whole school eagerly participate in collecting used clothes of children in poverty
v.Students made good effort to collect VND6.5 million for a student that got into an accident
vi.All staff and students successfully collected VND9,5 million for Tsunami victims
Organize exams for students to get scholarships of Cambridge Tutors College and Bromgsrove School (the UK) as well as the ASEAN scholarship of Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). School has also provided information and supported students to study aboard in numerous schools in the USA, England, France, Australia, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, etc.
In December, a group of teachers and students has been to La Fontaine school in France. This visit was very successful.
5. Educational strategies
At the beginning of the year, Professor Odon Vallet sponsored 30 scholarships (2.3 million VND each) for students who are specialising in Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
The Mathematic institute offered 5 scholarships, 500000VND each. Petroleum insurance company PJICO offered 20 scholarships at 200000VND each to top students in the 10th form entrance exams and 8th and 6th forms.
Alumni offered Vu Xuan Mai scholarship which worths 5 million VND to the top student of the 11th Mathematics class.
Binh, an alumnus, continued to donate 10 million VND to fund students with financial difficulty.
Alumni Nguyen Anh Ton and Nguyen Tuong Lan, who are studying in France, donated 10 million VND to fund excellent students. The money was used to reward the top 10 students of the different teams taking part in the 12th form National Academic Examination.
Thai Duong Company sponsored 3 million and school spent another 4 million to reward the remaining 8 students who came in second in the teams mentioned above.
6. Preparation of the School Hall
Our school invited composer Le Vinh to compose another school song.
The school organized a designing competition for the school gate with the list of 30 designs waiting for comments of the Architects Association.
The school is actively expediting the demolition of Nam Cao road.
Reported by Nguyễn Mai Phương - T1 03-06
Translated by Nguyễn Đình Quang - T1 00-03
Edited by Dang Van Ha - A3 99-02
E-HAO Board of news
Submitted by Tran Bich Thuy A2-03-06